Back to Basics

 New season, new allotment! I have been a very lazy Blogger and then became a very absent Blogger. I cannot believe how long it is since I logged in.I have debated with myself whether to even bother continuing with the blog as it is easier to FB photos as I take them, and Blogger has not gotten any easier since the last time I used it.
As regular readers will know I left the Hydro Farm allotments where we had a plot for 6 years and where I began plotting and blogging.D. Kathryn moved so S.Billy came in with me and we took a plot nearer to home, got it into shape and productive but had a few problems and again thought of giving the whole thing up but have now moved to another allotment in the same area more or less and will give plotting and blogging another 'go'.
 It is a very secure site but some very overgrown plots on it, we picked one and then discovered there were two raised beds buried beneath the grass ( see header pic) We cleared one bed and covered it with enviromesh to heat up a little before planting carrots in here.
 Potatoes are the first crop to go in and we were running out of time as the wet weather curtailed our time on the plot and clearing skutch grass and picking out the roots is slow work.
We got there and the last of the spuds went in on Easter Monday! We haven't given over too much space to them just enough to taste our own home grown ones.There are 5 different varieties, Charlotte, a second early and Setanta, Pink Fir apple and 2 blight resistant Sarpos (Mira & Axona)
 How often will I update the blog ? Hopefully more regularly than last season!

Comments

I also have been a lazy blogger, but it seems I have found a new lease on my blogging life, and plan on being a little less tardy in my blogging.
Good to see you back.

Popular posts from this blog

Faux Stone Trough

Instacrafting/ crafters and DIY

Runner bean soup and Dog Blog