Flowers

We had another day of wind and rain, we are probably having the wettest May in living memory!I took some photos of the flowers coming into bloom in the back garden last week and as it was too wet to do anything else I am posting these.The red flower is Granny's Bonnet it has a latin name but I never remember these, behind is a Hosta which the slugs never seem to take much notice of and behind that is an old fashioned Peony Rose just coming into bud now.
The planter filling out a little, the sweet peas are slow growing probably from the effects of the cold weather, night time temps are back down to 6 or 7 degrees Fahrenheit. There are also lettuce and spring onions in here.
Blues in the raised stone bed.The one behind is a low growing shrub again I have forgotten the name. The one in the foreground is a descendant of a packet of seeds I bought about 5 or 6 years ago, all I remember is Peruvian was in the name.They grew huge and dwarfed everything else in the flower bed and the only other place I have ever seen them growing was beside the swimming pool of our apartment in Majorca a few years ago. One of them survives to throw out a new plant every now and then. The leaves are a blue/green hue and the flowers open out in the sun.
The centre flower bed has flowers and herbs as well as a Globe artichoke in there.
The tumbling pots filling out but taking a battering from the wind also.
Hopefully tomorrow the rain will let up to go out to the allotment for a couple of hours as we are preparing for our Open day on 20th June.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi peggy,
everything looks great in the garden, my tumbling pots are very mean looking in comparison, the busy lizzies are coming on but slowly, not enough sunshine.i thought i was looking at a flowering hosta first it looks like the flower is growing right through the centre, thats an aquilegia if i spelt it right otherwise grannys bonnet, they always disappear on me!
kathleen
Peggy said…
Kathleen, I just went out and checked the label it is Aquilega Clementine red.
Latane Barton said…
I get such joy looking at all your beautiful plants, growing and blooming and producing ... veggies, soon, we hope. I bought a few more plants today. Hey, I got out and had some fun... can't beat that.

Popular posts from this blog

Faux Stone Trough

Instacrafting/ crafters and DIY

Runner bean soup and Dog Blog